Real EstateKey contacts: Martin Foerster, Bernd Hauck and Emma Niemistö
TUESDAY 29 AUGUST 2017
Real Estate and the Digital Revolution – A Contradiction?
14.30 – 16.00
The field of real estate and construction is a traditional industry which is not known for being the first to adopt ground-breaking applications that shake its ways of doing business. But then again, lawyers are not usually the first people to hear of the most interesting developments in the pipeline. Our session wishes to change that. Participants will get a thorough introduction to current AI applications (construction/building robots, 3D printers, smart homes and the digital revolution in general) from our key note speaker from an esteemed technical background. In the panel that follows, AIJA commission members will share their thoughts on such liability implications every lawyer should consider when inevitably running into these developments in our clients’ projects.
Part 1: Overview of AI developments in the real estate and construction industry
- Dr. Odilo Schoch, ETH Zurich, Architektur und Bauprozess
Part 2: Legal implications of advanced technical developments – panel discussion
- Emma Niemistö, Coordinator on behalf of Real Estate Commission, Merilampi Attorneys Ltd., Finland
- Hiroto Inoue, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, Japan
- Josef Caleff, Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Attorneys at Law, Switzerland
- Michaela Pelinka, bpv Hügel Rechtsanwälte GmbH, Austria
- Jean-Rodolphe Fiechter, Kellerhals Carrard, Switzerland
- Fredrik Roos, Setterwalls, Sweden